Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the peruvian adventure, day 1

Today we got up to a little breakfast the hostel served, tasted very good. Everyone here is very nice and friendly. After breakfast we set out on our adventure walking. First we went to a plaza that had all sorts of cow sculpture, and Roger took some pics here. I saw the Pacific for the first time ever, and even though I was itching to buy something, Rich kept saying no no, that things would be cheaper elsewhere. Our next stop was to exchange our money. I was surprised that we had to take a ticket at the local bank, just like you would if you were in a line someplace. Then we went to a park, where we met up with some of Richs friends, and we went to lunch. I had a hankering for some Peruvian ice cream, which we got at a little stand. Rich had picked up a couple of local fruits along the way, we enjoyed them back at the hostel. I decided I needed a nap after being really whipped from the night before. It was about 6 pm here, and one of the first things I noticed was that it was not even dark, and we all decided that we really wanted supper. Rich said that there was a good little oriental place nearby, which we all 3 ate at for ten dollars. Roger got a little red on his face, because despite the fact that the weather here right now is just right, we are still close to the equator, and those UV rays are quite strong. We came back to the hostel, and Rich went to the movies with his friends. We tried to watch a little TV, finding it not very easy for us. Off to bed for now.