Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the peru adventure, day 2

After an early start, we found ourselves in a perilous taxi on the way to the city of Lima. Here we went to Richards home office, and met all of his collegues, and then we walked to his directors house. After a short jaunt, we had lunch at a little cafe. The cafe was quite delightful; it was partially outside, and there were bird cages all around, we had the sounds of canaries and parakeets to eat by. We drank a drink made from blue corn, and I had the peruvian equivalent of the blue plate special. Then off to downtown proper, where we met Richs gf, Martha, and visited 2 cathedrals, one which had catacombs. There are many people begging all around here. We are going to eat supper soon, then we will be off for another adventure tomorrow. Well, we are back from eating dinner, and I had to report that for the first time tonight I ate cows heart.